At St Michael's Primary, we have our own school kitchen and kitchen staff. The
The cost of a school meal is £2.00, which can be paid via Parent Pay, please see link below:
Some people like to choose a mix of school dinners and packed lunch for their child. We ask that you make sure that your child knows if they are school dinners or packed lunch each day.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to some children according to family income. It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch or is in Key Stage 1 – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the pupil premium) which we can use to help your child.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income support
Income basedjob seekers allowance Income relatedemployment and support allowance
- Guarantee pension credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, and an annual income lower than the limit set by the Government
- Working Tax Credit Run On because you have ceased work or reduced your working hours to less than 16 per week
- Contact www.essex.gov.uk - this website will give you further information about free school meals eligibility.
Alternativelyyou can telephone 0845 6061212
- Work out how much you are entitled to by using the
essex on linebenefit calculator at www.colchesterclaims.teamnetsol.com.
- Call HMRC Tax Credit helpline (0845 300 3900) or visit their website
Gingerbread is a charity who provides expert advice, practical support and campaign for single mums and dads. Please click here for more information.
Alternatively, children may bring a packed lunch which
Packed lunches should be in a secure named container. No sweets are allowed – instead, we encourage lots of fruit or vegetables. Water is available on all tables for children who choose a packed lunch. However, your child can bring their own drink in a non-breakable container – please avoid fizzy drinks.