All primary schools receive Sports Premium to enable PE and sports to be developed. Like the Pupil Premium, information about how this funding is spent must be publicised to the school community and it must be spent on coaching, teaching or training.
Each school receives £8000, plus £5 per pupil on
We have invested our funds in various ways, closely monitoring the impact of these initiatives through assessment of children’s skills, staff and pupil feedback, uptake of clubs etc. A summary can be found below. The Sports Pupil Premium Action Plan for 2017 to 2018 is currently being reviewed.
Our funding has supported us to :
- Up-skill teachers in the delivery of
high qualityP.E lessons,
- Provide additional swimming lessons in KS2 to ensure all children are able to swim at least 25m by the time they leave school,
- Train Play Leaders and purchase equipment,
- Purchase larger items of P.E equipment, such as Wall bars,
- Deliver specialist Yoga lessons for early years and KS1 classes.
Swimming Data for Year 6 Pupils
The National Curriculum requirements for swimming and water safety by the end of Year 6 state that pupils will be able to:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
In our Year 6 cohort we have 23 pupils who can access swimming. In this group 65% of the pupils can swim at least 25 metres with a range of strokes.