At St Michael’s we take a proactive view on anti-bullying to ensure all pupils are free from bullying or harassment.
Anti-Bullying League- Purple Star Buddy Bench
The bench is located near to the peace pathway and the green container, an anti-bullier will be near the bench at all times.
Rules of the bench
No standing on or misuse of the bench
Not to be used during P.E times
Maximum of 4 children per side
To be used when-
You feel sad, lonely, miserable and have nobody to play with.
Not to be used when-
You are injured or feel poorly (you should tell an MDA and if necessary you will be sent inside)
You feel angry (you need to use a timeout card and sit on a bench)
- What happens when you sit on the bench-
- An anti-bullier will come over to you,
- They will ask what the problem is,
- They will try and help you solve your problem,
- They may give you some space and quiet time, help you to find a friend or encourage you to play a game.
Anti Bullying Week November 2017